Saturday, April 27, 2013

Professional Hopes and Goals

This class has truly opened my eyes to the real meaning of diversity and its effects within the field of early childhood education.  One hope that I have for families of diverse backgrounds is that they are open to sharing their experiences and cultures to others and that they understand that many of us early educators are living works of continuous education.  As teachers, we may not get it right the first time but I hope parents and families see our passion and attempts to incorporate and learn and they give us a chance to make them feel welcomed and respected.

In regard to the early childhood field, I hope anti-bias and diversity education become standard courses in undergraduate studies, a requirement to obtain or renew and teaching license, and are seen as valuable professional development opportunities for all professionals within the field.  It saddens me that the growth I made and the information I learned during this class is being present to me for the first time.  I have been in the field for 7 years this August and how useful this would have been to have my first year in the classroom.

To my colleagues, I appreciate your insightful ideas, thoughts, and information you posted during this course.  I have gained new information from each of you.  I wish you well in all of your future endeavors and may your light continue to shine, your vision remain to close to heart, and you always remember your purpose and reason for wanting to work with young children and their families.

Best to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment