Saturday, March 2, 2013

When I Think of Research

This class has been interesting, illuminating (ch. 9 lol), and overwhelming at the same time.  Although I participated in research before, never was I given the opportunity to explore the various aspects of research in such detail. I did not realize that the process of research was so complex.  Every week I learned new vocabulary, which sometimes was difficult to understand and use.  Often times I had to go back, reread and use the tables to better understand.  I realised research was far more than picking an hypothesis, gathering data and analyzing.  Issues of ethics, validity, and design all are key components.  One cannot conduct research without a intensive plan of action to determine feasibility and to work through the method that is best for their case or area of study.

After this class I have a profound respect for other researchers especially in the field of early education. Not only is there the process and design of appropriate research but gathering participants and determining research that is equitable, justice and fair is important to the reputation of our profession and our work at early childhood professionals.   Those participating in ECE have a thirst to learn to improve our profession in the greater good. Its admirable!

I have learned a lot from the feedback of others during this class and I wish all of my colleagues well in future classes and professional endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment