Saturday, November 10, 2012

Relationship Reflection

I am blessed to have strong healthy relationships with people.  Over the years I have learned that to maintain relationships both people must value the relationship equally.  Trust and honesty are also vital components of healthy relationships.

As I am getting older I am improving the relationship with my parents.  My mom and I have always had a difficult time communicating however, we both have tried to work on it together. My girlfriend Danielle have been friends for 19 years.  She is the friend everyone should have.  She is honest, loyal, and dependable.  She tells the truth even when its not warranted, lol.  Se has helped me to be a better woman and an accountable woman.  What makes us last is our effort to stay connected even with life changes.  I have been in a relationship for 4 years with the man I believe was created just for me.  He taught me to love.  We laugh and battle the challenges of life together.

I have strong relationships with many people and they all have some attributes in common? We love hard, we are honest with each other, we value the relationship equally, we invest time in developing our relationships, and we accept each other as we are.


3 comments:

  1. Hello Talibah
    Honesty, loyalty, dependability!
    I love the words you use to describe wonderful relationships.
    You seem to have fully engaged life and reaping its harvest of laughter, acceptance, resiliency, and above all love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talibah,

    You hit the nail on the head when you said, "Trust and honesty are also vital components of healthy relationships". Without trust and honesty it is impossible to have a healthy relationship with anyone. If that relationship is based on lies, it will not last and could even potentially blow up. It sounds like you have some wonderful relationships in your life and I am glad you are trying to improve your relationship with your parents. I wish you the best with that.

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Value, trust, and honesty are indeed important qualities of a relationship. I also think that in any relationship you must accept each other as they are. I think it's also important to make time for relationships. I know this is one area that I have not always been the best at. It's not that I don't value the relationship, it's just that it gets hard to find the time when you get so 'caught up' in your life.

    ReplyDelete