Saturday, January 19, 2013

My Research Journey

I have chosen to research the social achievements of children living in single parent homes.  I have chosen this topic because I have taught many children living in single parent homes and have notices similar social behaviors and pattens of those in single family homes.   If families and educators become aware of social patterns and achievements we can better support children and their development.   It  is ambitious to believe we can change the rate of single parenthood however, we can control how we support children and we can advocate for what is best for children and future outcomes.

Thus far in this journey I have learned the importance of checking and double checking the quality of references in addition to the accuracy of my APA in-text and reference citation.  I found it extremely helpful to look at a topic from a larger picture and then narrow it down into subtopics.   I am exited about supporting you all, my classmates, by providing possible references or an editing eye!

If anyone was any articles on child outcomes of children living in single parent household please pass them along!


No comments:

Post a Comment