Saturday, July 21, 2012

Web Resources Pt. 2

This week I returned to the National Black Child Development Institute website and I was slightly disappointed.  I signed up for the newsletter but I have yet to receive one.  I went directly to the initiatives tab and was disappointed when there was little information available and the only recent information was about the National Head Start Conference held in June.  I clicked on other initiatives thinking it would have more recent information but it did not. 
Every time I visit a professionals organizations’ site I explore professional development opportunities; this site mentioned information regarding the annual conference.  The conference, which will be held in October, is offering 2 seminars that I would professionally benefit from; Strengths-based coaching and early childhood educators as advocates for change. Unfortunately, I will not be able to afford to attend the conference.  This week my exploration was limited and slightly frustrating.  I will check back next week in hopes of receiving a newsletter by then.
Update on professional contacts: No change from last week.  I have not gotten a response back.

No comments:

Post a Comment